Corinthian Temple at Assuras
- Graphite, pen and black ink, red pencil on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/2 × 21 1/2 inches (39.4 × 54.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Temple at Assuras"; in pen and red ink, upper left: "71"; in graphite, lower center: "Bad [....] it will do for aa Distance to [...] Arche Ornament [...]"; in pen and red ink, lower right: "B"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "Corinthian Temple | Assuras (Zanfour)"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "No. 14"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "Temple of Assuras"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Corinthian Temple at Assuras, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.