Corinthian Temple at Assuras
- Graphite, pen and black ink, red pencil on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 15 1/2 × 21 1/2 inches (39.4 × 54.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Temple at Assuras"; in pen and red ink, upper left: "71"; in graphite, lower center: "Bad [....] it will do for aa Distance to [...] Arche Ornament [...]"; in pen and red ink, lower right: "B"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "Corinthian Temple | Assuras (Zanfour)"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "No. 14"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "Temple of Assuras"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Corinthian Temple at Assuras, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.