IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Temple of Jupiter and Minerva, Thugga, undated
Temple of Jupiter and Minerva, Thugga
- Graphite, pen and black ink, red pencil on moderately thick, moderately textured,cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/8 × 19 1/8 inches (39.1 × 48.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Temple of Jupiter and Minerva | Thugga, mod. Dougga"; in pen and red ink, upper left: "90"; in graphite, center: "[..] del Tempio | Corintio, a Thugga"; in graphite and pen and black ink, throughout, dimensions given; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "No 12"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.