Temple of Jupiter and Minerva, Thugga
- 18th century
- Gray wash and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 7/8 × 18 1/2 inches (35.2 × 47 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "Front of the Temple of Tucca"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "Temple of Jupiter and Minerva | Thugga - Mod. Dougga"; in pen and red ink, upper left: "94"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "(No. 11)"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "(Front of the Temple of Tucca)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Temple of Jupiter and Minerva, Thugga, 18th century
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.