Plate II Tombe de la Chretienne
- Graphite, pen and black ink, red pencil, and gray wash on moderately textured, moderately thick, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/16 × 14 3/4 inches (53.5 × 37.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Plate II Tomb de la Chretienne"; in pen and black ink, throughout, dimensions given; in pen and red ink, lower left: "53"; in pen and red ink, lower right: "B"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "No 41"; in graphite, lower center: "I presume that this is [Lyrican?] CRC | this detail belongs to the Tomb of Ju[...] Cleopatra"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Plate II Tombe de la Chretienne, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.