- Buddleia polystachya Fresen. (African Buddleia): finished drawing
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 × 11 3/4 inches (40.6 × 29.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left:"Lentana"; lower left: "Untar"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botanical subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Paul Hulton, Luigi Balugani's drawings of African plants, From the collection made by James Bruce of Kinnaird on his travels to discover the source of the Nile 1767-1773 , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1991, p. 90, pl. 20, QK98.183 B2 H85 1991 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Buddleia polystachya Fresen. (African Buddleia): finished drawing, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.