- Aquila chrysaetos (Golden Eagle)
- ca. 1768
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 × 9 7/8 inches (30.5 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Nisser Werk No 1"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
James Bruce, Travels to discover the source of the Nile, in the years 1768, 1769, 1770, 1771, 1772, and 1773 , Edinburgh, 1790, Follows p. 154-158 (vol. 5), DT377 B88 1790+ Oversize (YCBA Rare Books)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Aquila chrysaetos (Golden Eagle), ca. 1768
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.