- No. 2. A. Table of Hieroglyphics found at Axum
- Pen and brown ink and black wash on thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 8 7/8 inches (27.3 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink lower center: "No. 2. | A. Table of Hieroglyphics Found At Axum. 1771"; inscribed on verso in graphite upper center: "2 Table of Hieroglyphics"; in pen and brown ink upper center: "No 7"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hieroglyphics | historical subject | ruins
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, No. 2. A. Table of Hieroglyphics found at Axum, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.