No.1 A Table of Hieroglyphics found at Axum
- Gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 × 10 1/2 inches (34.3 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "The Hieroglyphics on the ... not Cejille"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper center: "To be reduced to quarto size No. 1. | No 7 | all the hieroglyphics must be traced distintly on reducing the plate"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hieroglyphics | historical subject | ruins
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, No.1 A Table of Hieroglyphics found at Axum, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.