No.1 A Table of Hieroglyphics found at Axum
- Gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 × 10 1/2 inches (34.3 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "The Hieroglyphics on the ... not Cejille"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper center: "To be reduced to quarto size No. 1. | No 7 | all the hieroglyphics must be traced distintly on reducing the plate"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hieroglyphics | historical subject | ruins
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, No.1 A Table of Hieroglyphics found at Axum, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.