- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving, 1st published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 9 7/8 inches (19.1 × 25.1 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 × 7 7/8 inches (14.9 × 20 cm), Image: 4 1/4 × 6 5/8 inches (10.8 × 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "4"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, lower left: "Plate 88, Engraved by J. Walker from an Original Drawing by W. Turner."; lettered, lower right: "Publish'd Aug 1st, 1795 by J. Walker No.16 Rosomans Row, London."; lettered, lower center: "BRIDGENORTH"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | boat | bridge | chimney | cityscape | clouds | fishing | fishing rod | hill | man | river | smoke | steps | water | waterfront | woman
- Associated Places:
- Bridgnorth | Bridgnorth Bridge | England | Severn | Shropshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Walker, 1748–1808, British, Bridgenorth, 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.