- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 1st published state on Medium, textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 10 inches (20.3 × 25.4 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 × 8 inches (14.9 × 20.3 cm), and Image: 4 3/8 × 6 5/8 inches (11.1 × 16.8 cm)
Collector's mark: "WGR"
Lettered, lower left: "Engraved by J. Walker, from an Original Drawing by W.Turner."; lettered, lower right: "Published May 1st; 1796, by j. Walker No.16, Rosomans Street, London."; lettered, lower center: "PETERBOROUGH."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cathedral | distant view | horse | house | landscape | riding | river | road | tree | village | walking | woman
- Associated Places:
- Cambridgeshire | England | Nene | Peterborough | Peterborough Cathedral | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Walker, 1748–1808, British, Peterborough, 1796
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.