- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving, 1st published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 10 inches (20.3 × 25.4 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 × 8 inches (14.9 × 20.3 cm), Image: 4 3/8 × 6 5/8 inches (11.1 × 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "9"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, lower left: "Engraved by J. Walker, from an Original Drawing by W.Turner."; lettered, lower right: "Published May 1st; 1796, by j. Walker No.16, Rosomans Street, London."; lettered, lower center: "PETERBOROUGH."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cathedral | distant view | horse (animal) | house | landscape | riding | river | road | tree | village | walking | woman
- Associated Places:
- Cambridgeshire | England | Nene | Peterborough | Peterborough Cathedral | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Walker, 1748–1808, British, Peterborough, 1796
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.