- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 1st published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 × 10 inches (19.4 × 25.4 cm), Plate: 5 3/4 × 7 7/8 inches (14.6 × 20 cm), Image: 4 1/4 × 6 3/4 inches (10.8 × 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "10"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, upper right: "PL:123. Vol:III."; lettered, lower left; Engraved by J. Walker from an Original Drawing by W.Turner."; lettered, lower right: "Published March 1st. 1797, by J. Walker no.16, Rosomans Street. London."; lettered, lower center: "ELY."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cathedral | cityscape | cow | distant view | landscape | man | tree | village | woman
- Associated Places:
- Cambridgeshire | Ely | Ely Cathedral | England | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Translations - Turner and Printmaking (Yale Center for British Art, 1993-09-29 - 1993-12-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Eric M. Lee, Translations : Turner and printmaking, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1993, p. 12, no. 2, NJ18 .T85 L44 1993 (YCBA) [YCBA]