- Etching and line engraving, (First Published State) on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 × 10 inches (19.4 × 25.4 cm), Plate: 5 3/4 × 7 7/8 inches (14.6 × 20 cm), and Image: 4 1/4 × 6 3/4 inches (10.8 × 17.1 cm)
Collector's mark, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered above image: "Pl: 123. Vol. III."; lettered below image: "Engraved by J. Walker from an Original Drawing by W. Turner. | ELY. | Published March 1st. 1797 by J. Walker No. 16 Rosomans Street, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cathedral | cityscape | cow | distant view | landscape | man | tree | village | woman
- Associated Places:
- Cambridgeshire | Ely | Ely Cathedral | England | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Walker, 1748–1808, British, Ely, 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.