- Westminster Bridge
- Etching with line engraving First pub: state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 10 inches (19.1 × 25.4 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 inches (15.2 × 20.3 cm), and Image: 4 3/8 × 6 5/8 inches (11.1 × 16.8 cm)
Collector's mark, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered above image: "Vol. III, Pl. 133"; lettered below image: "Engraved by J. Walker from an Original Drawing by W. Turner | WESTMINSTER BRIDGE. | Published Aug'st. 1, 1797 by J. Walker No. 16 Rosomans Street, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | boat | bridge | city | man | marine art | parliament | river | rowboat | rowing | sailboat | woman
- Associated Places:
- England | Greater London | London | Thames | United Kingdom | Westminster | Westminster bridge
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Walker, 1748–1808, British, Westminster Bridge, 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.