Flint, from Park-Gate
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 1st published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 10 inches (20.3 × 25.4 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 × 7 7/8 inches (14.9 × 20 cm), and Image: 4 3/8 × 6 1/2 inches (11.1 × 16.5 cm)
Watermark, center right: "HA_EIN"; collector's mark, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, upper right: "Vol:III.Pl:134."; lettered, lower left: "Engraved by J. Walker from a Orginal Drawing by W. Turner."; lettered, lower right: "Published Augst.1st;1797 by J.Walker No.16, Rosomans Street, London."; lettered, lower center: "FLINT, from Park-Gate."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | distant view | dog | hill | house | landscape | man | river | ruins | sailboat | woman
- Associated Places:
- Dee | Flint | Flint Castle | Flintshire | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Walker, 1748–1808, British, Flint, from Park-Gate, 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.