Hampton Court, Herefordshire
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 1st published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 7 3/8 × 10 inches (18.7 × 25.4 cm), 6 × 7 7/8 inches (15.2 × 20 cm), and 4 1/4 × 6 5/8 inches (10.8 × 16.8 cm)
Collector's mark, lower right: "W.G.B."
Lettered, upper right: "Pl:135.Vol.III."; lettered, lower left: "Engraved by J.Walker from an Original Drawing by W. Turner."; lettered, lower right: "Published septr.1st, 1797 by J.Walker No.16 Rosomans Street London."; lettered, lower center: "HAMPTON-COURT, Herefordshire."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- battlement | castle | clouds | cow | fishing | fishing rod | flock | herd | hill | landscape | man | river | riverbank | sheep | tree | water
- Associated Places:
- England | Hampton Court | Hereford and Worcester | Herefordshire | Leominster | Lugg | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Walker, 1748–1808, British, Hampton Court, Herefordshire, 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.