- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 1st published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 × 10 3/4 inches (19.4 × 27.3 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 inches (15.2 × 20.3 cm), Image: 4 1/4 × 6 1/2 inches (10.8 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "14"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624); stamp on verso, lower left: "14928"
Lettered, lower left: "Engraved by J. Walker from an Original Drawing by W. Turner."; lettered, lower center: "CARLISLE."; lettered, lower right: "Published Oct.'r 2d. 1797 by J. Walker No. 16, Rosomans Street, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | bridge | castle | cathedral | city | cityscape | distant view | fishing | fishing rod | girl | horse (animal) | man | riding | river | woman
- Associated Places:
- Carlisle | Carlisle Cathedral | Cumbria | Eden | England | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.