Elgin Cathedral, Morayshire
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 2nd published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 10 1/8 inches (20.3 × 25.7 cm), Plate: 5 3/4 × 7 7/8 inches (14.6 × 20 cm), and Image: 4 3/8 × 6 1/2 inches (11.1 × 16.5 cm)
Watermark, lower center: "RD 9 5"; collector's mark, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered upper left: "The Itinerant."; lettered, upper right: "MORAYSHIRE."; lettered, lower left: "Engraved by J. Walker after an Original Sketch by Jas. Moore Esqr. F.A.S."; lettered, lower right: "Published July 1st 1797 by J. Walker No.16, Rosomans Street, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cathedral | cow | man | ruins | sheep
- Associated Places:
- Elgin | Elgin Cathedral | Moray | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Walker, 1748–1808, British, Elgin Cathedral, Morayshire, 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.