- Chelsea Hospital
- Etching with line engraving pub: state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/8 × 5 1/2 inches (8.6 × 14 cm) and Image: 2 5/8 × 4 3/8 inches (6.7 × 11.1 cm)
Collector's mark, lower right: "W.G.R.:
Lettered above image: "POCKET MAGAZINE."; lettered below image: "Turner del. | CHELSEA HOSPITAL | Publish'd by Harrison & Co. March 2, 1795. | Storer sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- amputee | architectural subject | crutches | hospital | man | retirement home | river | rowboat | rowing | soldier | woman
- Associated Places:
- Chelsea | England | Greater London | Royal Hospital Chelsea | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James S. Storer, 1771–1853, British, Chelsea Hospital, 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.