- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 1st published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 9 1/2 × 12 3/8 inches (24.1 × 31.4 cm), 8 3/8 × 10 3/8 inches (21.3 × 26.4 cm), and 5 1/4 × 6 7/8 inches (13.3 × 17.5 cm)
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."; watermark, lower right.
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by W. Turner from a Sketch by Schenebbelie."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by B. Howlett."; lettered, lower center: "Grantham Church." | LONDON, Published March 1st, 1797, by B. Howlett, Green Walk, Blackfriars Road."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cemetery | church | fence | grave | graveyard | house | man | spire | steeple | tombstone | tower | wheelbarrow | woman
- Associated Places:
- England | Grantham | Lincolnshire | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bartholomew Howlett, 1767–1827, British, Grantham Church, 1797