- Part Of:
- Line engraving, original impression on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 11 3/4 × 17 inches (29.8 × 43.2 cm), 10 1/8 × 12 3/4 inches (25.7 × 32.4 cm), and 7 1/8 × 9 7/8 inches (18.1 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in blue ink and graphite, upper left: "35 Original Impression"; lower left: "Freshwater Bay | Turner - Isle of Wight | unpublished"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boat | cliff | clouds | dog | fence | grass | hut | landscape | man | phragmite | rock | sand | sea | shoreline | shrub | sitting | thatched roof | tidal wave | tree
- Associated Places:
- England | English Channel | Freshwater | Freshwater Bay | Isle of Wight | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Landseer, 1769–1852, British, Freshwater Bay, 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.