- Part Of:
- Line engraving, original impression on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 × 17 inches (29.8 × 43.2 cm), Plate: 10 1/8 × 12 3/4 inches (25.7 × 32.4 cm), and Image: 7 1/8 × 9 7/8 inches (18.1 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in blue ink and graphite, upper left: "35 Original Impression"; lower left: "Freshwater Bay | Turner - Isle of Wight | unpublished"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boat | cliff | clouds | dog | fence | grass | hut | landscape | man | phragmite | rock | sand | sea | shoreline | shrub | sitting | thatched roof | tidal wave | tree
- Associated Places:
- England | English Channel | Freshwater | Freshwater Bay | Isle of Wight | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Landseer, 1769–1852, British, Freshwater Bay, 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.