- Part Of:
- Line engraving, Bohn reprint on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/4 × 22 inches (38.7 × 55.9 cm), Plate: 10 1/8 × 13 inches (25.7 × 33 cm), Image: 7 × 10 inches (17.8 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 35"; lower left: "Freshwater Bay"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner"; lettered, lower right: "J. Landseer"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boat | cliff | clouds | dog | fence | grass | hut | landscape | man | phragmite | rock | sand | sea | shoreline | shrub | sitting | thatched roof | tidal wave | tree
- Associated Places:
- England | English Channel | Freshwater | Freshwater Bay | Isle of Wight | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Landseer, 1769–1852, British, Freshwater Bay, 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.