Alum Bay, Isle of Wight
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/8 × 22 inches (38.4 × 55.9 cm), Plate: 9 7/8 × 13 inches (25.1 × 33 cm), and Image: 7 1/2 × 10 1/8 inches (19.1 × 25.7 cm)
Collector's stamp, lower left:" W.G.R"
Lettered lower left: "J.M.W. Turner"; lettered, lower right: J. Landseer | Alum Bay, Isle of Wight"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boat | cane | Chalk (rock) | clay | cliff | clouds | landscape | man | marine art | oar | rock | rowboat | sailboat | sand | sea | shoreline | silica sand | tidal wave | wheelbarrow
- Associated Places:
- Alum Bay | England | English Channel | Isle of Wight | The Needles | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Landseer, 1769–1852, British, Alum Bay, Isle of Wight, 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.