- Alum Bay, Isle of Wight
- Line engraving Bohn reprint on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/8 × 22 inches (38.4 × 55.9 cm), Plate: 9 7/8 × 13 inches (25.1 × 33 cm), and Image: 7 1/2 × 10 1/8 inches (19.1 × 25.7 cm)
Collector's stamp, lower left:" W.G.R"
Lettered below image: "J.M.W. Turner | Alum Bay, Isle of Wight | J. Landseer"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boat | cane | Chalk (rock) | clay | cliff | clouds | landscape | man | marine art | oar | rock | rowboat | sailboat | sand | sea | shoreline | silica sand | tidal wave | wheelbarrow
- Associated Places:
- Alum Bay | England | English Channel | Isle of Wight | The Needles | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Landseer, 1769–1852, British, Alum Bay, Isle of Wight, 1799-1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.