IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Landseer, 1769–1852, British, Alum Bay, Isle of Wight, 1799
Alum Bay, Isle of Wight
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/8 × 22 inches (38.4 × 55.9 cm), Plate: 9 7/8 × 13 inches (25.1 × 33 cm), Image: 7 1/2 × 10 1/8 inches (19.1 × 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "R. 36"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered lower left: "J.M.W. Turner"; lettered, lower right: J. Landseer | Alum Bay, Isle of Wight"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boat | cane | Chalk (rock) | clay | cliff | clouds | landscape | man | marine art | oar | rock | rowboat | sailboat | sand | sea | shoreline | silica sand | tidal wave | wheelbarrow
- Associated Places:
- Alum Bay | England | English Channel | Isle of Wight | The Needles | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.