- Alum Bay and the Needles
- Line engraving Original impression on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 × 13 1/4 inches (25.4 × 33.7 cm), Plate: 9 7/8 × 12 7/8 inches (25.1 × 32.7 cm), and Image: 7 3/8 × 10 inches (18.7 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, below image: "Alum bay and Needles | I of Wight | Original Impression"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | beach | boat | bush | Chalk (rock) | clay | cliff | clouds | construction | house | landscape | man | net | pulling | rope | sailboat | sand | sea | seagull | shoreline | silica sand | tidal wave | woman
- Associated Places:
- Alum Bay | England | English Channel | Isle of Wight | The Needles | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Landseer, 1769–1852, British, Alum Bay and the Needles, 1799-1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.