Alum Bay and the Needles
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, original impression on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 × 13 1/4 inches (25.4 × 33.7 cm), Plate: 9 7/8 × 12 7/8 inches (25.1 × 32.7 cm), and Image: 7 3/8 × 10 inches (18.7 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, below image: "Alum bay and Needles | I of Wight | Original Impression"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | beach | boat | bush | Chalk (rock) | clay | cliff | clouds | construction | house | landscape | man | net | pulling | rope | sailboat | sand | sea | seagull | shoreline | silica sand | tidal wave | woman
- Associated Places:
- Alum Bay | England | English Channel | Isle of Wight | The Needles | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Landseer, 1769–1852, British, Alum Bay and the Needles, 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.