IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Landseer, 1769–1852, British, Alum Bay and the Needles, 1799
Alum Bay and the Needles
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, original impression on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 × 13 1/4 inches (25.4 × 33.7 cm), Plate: 9 7/8 × 12 7/8 inches (25.1 × 32.7 cm), Image: 7 3/8 × 10 inches (18.7 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "37"; lower left: "Alum bay and Needles"; lower center: "I of Wight"; lower right: "Original Impression"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | beach | boat | bush | Chalk (rock) | clay | cliff | clouds | construction | house | landscape | man | net | pulling | rope | sailboat | sand | sea | seagull | shoreline | silica sand | tidal wave | woman
- Associated Places:
- Alum Bay | England | English Channel | Isle of Wight | The Needles | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.