A View of the Chapel and Hall of Oriel College
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof (b) on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- 14 1/2 × 21 inches (36.8 × 53.3 cm), 13 5/8 × 19 1/2 inches (34.6 × 49.5 cm), and 12 1/2 × 17 3/4 inches (31.8 × 45.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Chape and Hall of Oriel College 1807 | Drawn by Wm. Truner A. | Engraved by James Basire"; lower right: "Change Roller [...]"; inscribed in graphite, on verso, lower right: "Engraver's Choice Proof | Done | A View of the Chapel + Hall of Oriel College".
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | basket | chapel | college | dog | Gothic | greyhound | man | Medieval | niche | sculpture | steps | tower | university
- Associated Places:
- England | Oriel College | Oxford | Oxfordshire | United Kingdom | University of Oxford
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Basire the younger, 1769–1822, British, A View of the Chapel and Hall of Oriel College, 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.