A View of Worcester College &c.
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof (c) on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- 15 1/2 × 21 1/4 inches (39.4 × 54 cm), 15 1/8 × 19 3/4 inches (38.4 × 50.2 cm), and 12 3/4 × 17 5/8 inches (32.4 × 44.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "A View of Worcester College etc. 1804"; inscribed in graphite on verso, lower right: "Engraver's Choice Proof | Rare | A View of Worcester College etc."
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R." Watermark. right: "J. WHATMAN 1804"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by Wm. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by James Basire."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | basket | carpenter | carpentry | cart | chain | cityscape | clouds | college | fence | hoop | kneeling | laborer | man | pushing | road | saw | sawing | shovel | stone | streetlamp | tower | tree | university | window | wood | yoke
- Associated Places:
- England | Oxford | Oxfordshire | United Kingdom | University of Oxford | Worcester College
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Basire the younger, 1769–1822, British, A View of Worcester College &c, 1804