A View of Worcester College &c.
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, published state (late impression) on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/4 × 18 1/4 inches (36.2 × 46.4 cm), Image: 12 3/4 × 17 3/4 inches (32.4 × 45.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in brown ink, lower center: "1804"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by James Basire."; lettered, lower center: "A VIEW OF WORCESTER COLLEGE &c."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | basket | carpenter | carpentry | cart | chain | cityscape | clouds | college | fence | hoop | kneeling | laborer | man | pushing | road | saw | sawing | shovel | stone | streetlamp | tower | tree | university | wheelbarrow | window | wood | yoke
- Associated Places:
- England | Oxford | Oxfordshire | United Kingdom | University of Oxford | Worcester College
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Basire the younger, 1769–1822, British, A View of Worcester College &c, 1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.