View of Oxford from the South Side of Heddington Hill
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, published state on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/4 × 17 7/8 inches (36.2 × 45.4 cm) and Image: 12 5/8 × 17 5/8 inches (32.1 × 44.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "1808"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A.del."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by James Basire."; lettered, lower center: "VIEW of OXFORD from the SOUTH SIDE of HEDDINGTON HILL."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | carriage | chain bolt | church | city | clouds | coachman | college | distant view | dome | driving | farming | fence | field | hill | horse | house | landscape | man | riding | road | tower | tree | university | walking | woman | woods
- Associated Places:
- Chiltern Hills | England | Haddington Hill | Oxford | Oxfordshire | Radcliffe Camera | United Kingdom | University Church of St Mary the Virgin | University of Oxford
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Basire, 1769–1822, British, View of Oxford from the South Side of Heddington Hill, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.