south View of Christ Church, etc. from the Meadows...
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, proof before letters on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 × 16 1/8 inches (32.1 × 41 cm), Plate: 8 3/4 × 10 5/8 inches (22.2 × 27 cm), Chine collé: 8 3/8 × 10 1/4 inches (21.3 × 26 cm), and Image: 7 1/8 × 9 3/8 inches (18.1 × 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "JMW Turner | Proof | Christ Church from the Meadows"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barge | cart | college | distant view | landscape | man | meadow | pole | punt | reflection | river | riverbank | sailboat | ship | spire | tower | university | water | woman
- Associated Places:
- Christ Church College | England | Oxford | Oxfordshire | Thames | United Kingdom | University of Oxford
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Joseph Skelton, active 1820–1850, south View of Christ Church, etc. from the Meadows.., 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.