Christ Church from the Meadows
- Part Of:
- between 1820 and 1823
- Line engraving; proof before letters on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 × 16 1/8 inches (32.1 × 41 cm), Plate: 8 3/4 × 10 5/8 inches (22.2 × 27 cm), Chine collé: 8 3/8 × 10 1/4 inches (21.3 × 26 cm), Image: 7 1/8 × 9 3/8 inches (18.1 × 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 38a"; lower center: "JMW Turner | Proof | <Christ Church from the Meadows>"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "South View of Christ Church from the Meadows"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barge | cart | college | distant view | landscape | man | meadow | pole | punt | reflection | river | riverbank | sailboat | ship | spire | tower | university | water | woman
- Associated Places:
- Christ Church College | England | Oxford | Oxfordshire | Thames | United Kingdom | University of Oxford
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Joseph Skelton, active 1820–1850, Christ Church from the Meadows, between 1820 and 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.