View of the Chapel and Hall of Oriel College
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, unfinished proof before letters on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 × 12 3/4 inches (24.1 × 32.4 cm) and Image: 6 7/8 × 9 inches (17.5 × 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Oriel Coll: with Merton Tower. | Unfinished Proof"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | basket | chapel | college | dog | Gothic | greyhound | man | Medieval | niche | sculpture | steps | tower | university
- Associated Places:
- England | Oriel College | Oxford | Oxfordshire | United Kingdom | University of Oxford
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Joseph Skelton, active 1820–1850, View of the Chapel and Hall of Oriel College, 1801
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.