- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, second published state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 14 9/16 inches (28.9 × 37 cm), Plate: 9 × 11 15/16 inches (22.9 × 30.3 cm), Chine collé: 8 13/16 × 11 13/16 inches (22.4 × 30 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 × 8 3/4 inches (14.9 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: 'R.89."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.89. Second state [Inna] (Sky reengraved)"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "(4)"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "[...] | Sky, re-engraved"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "A.W."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "POOLE, | DORSETSHIRE. | London Published by John Murray, Albemarle Street, Jany 1st 1814."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by George Cooke | Printed by [Car] & Barnell"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | harbor | landscape | marine art
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Poole | Poole Bay | Poole Harbour
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Poole, Dorsetshire, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.