- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, second published state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- 11 3/8 × 14 9/16 inches (28.9 × 37 cm), 9 × 11 15/16 inches (22.9 × 30.3 cm), 8 13/16 × 11 13/16 inches (22.4 × 30 cm), and 5 7/8 × 8 3/4 inches (14.9 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: 'R.89."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.89. Second state [Inna] (Sky reengraved)"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "(4)"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "[...] | Sky, re-engraved"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "A.W."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "POOLE, | DORSETSHIRE. | London Published by John Murray, Albemarle Street, Jany 1st 1814."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by George Cooke | Printed by [Car] & Barnell"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | harbor | landscape | marine art
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Poole | Poole Bay | Poole Harbour
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Romantic Print in Britain - Yale Center for British Art (Carnegie Museum of Art, 2004-02-14 - 2004-05-09) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Romantic Landscape Prints - The Chiaroscuro of Nature (Yale Center for British Art, 2002-09-25 - 2002-12-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]