Land's End, Cornwall
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 13/16 × 17 1/2 inches (30 × 44.5 cm), Plate: 9 × 11 7/8 inches (22.9 × 30.2 cm), and Image: 5 5/8 × 8 5/8 inches (14.3 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.90. Etching"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "(5) 70"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Es[q] H.P. Mellon Coll. | Puiter | 29.14.21 Lot 70"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "A.W."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "T3803"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Etched by George Cooke"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | marine art | ocean | sea
- Associated Places:
- Atlantic Ocean | Celtic Sea | Cornwall | England | Europe | Land's End
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Land's End, Cornwall, 1814-1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.