Land's End, Cornwall
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on thick, rough, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 13/16 × 17 1/2 inches (30 × 44.5 cm), Plate: 9 × 11 7/8 inches (22.9 × 30.2 cm), and Image: 5 5/8 × 8 5/8 inches (14.3 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.90. Etching"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "(5) 70"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Es[q] H.P. Mellon Coll. | Puiter | 29.14.21 Lot 70"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "A.W."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "T3803"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Etched by George Cooke"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | marine art | ocean | sea
- Associated Places:
- Atlantic Ocean | Celtic Sea | Cornwall | England | Europe | Land's End
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Land's End, Cornwall, 1814-1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.