- Part Of:
- Etching and engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 9/16 × 16 7/8 inches (29.4 × 42.9 cm), Plate: 9 × 11 15/16 inches (22.9 × 30.3 cm), and Image: 5 13/16 × 8 5/8 inches (14.8 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.91."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.91. Etching"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "(8)"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "A.W. | Es H.P. Mellon Coll. | [Pultrier] | 29.4.21 Lot 10"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right; "T.3803"
Watermark: Whatman | 1810
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner. R.A. | Weymouth"; lettered, lower right: "Etched by W. B. Cooke. 1813"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- channel (water body component) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | English Channel | Europe | United Kingdom | Weymouth | Weymouth Bay
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Weymouth, 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.