Lulworth Cove, Dorset
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, engraver's proof on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 11 7/8 × 17 1/4 inches (30.2 × 43.8 cm), Plate: 8 1/8 × 10 5/8 inches (20.6 × 27 cm), Chine collé: 8 1/16 × 10 9/16 inches (20.5 × 26.8 cm), Image: 5 11/16 × 8 9/16 inches (14.4 × 21.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Engraver's Proof - Sails of two boats before flagstaff to right dark -others light"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "S.C."; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "1015 | [...]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Engraver's Proof"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A. Delt. 1811, | Lulworth Cove, Dorset"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.B. Cooke, 1812."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cove | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | English Channel | Europe | Lulworth Cove | Stair Hole | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Lulworth Cove, Dorset, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.