Lulworth Cove, Dorset
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, engraver's proof on thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 11 7/8 × 17 1/4 inches (30.2 × 43.8 cm), Plate: 8 1/8 × 10 5/8 inches (20.6 × 27 cm), Chine collé: 8 1/16 × 10 9/16 inches (20.5 × 26.8 cm), and Image: 5 11/16 × 8 9/16 inches (14.4 × 21.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Engraver's Proof - Sails of two boats before flagstaff to right dark -others light"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "S.C."; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "1015 | [...]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Engraver's Proof"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A. Delt. 1811, | Lulworth Cove, Dorset"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.B. Cooke, 1812."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cove | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | English Channel | Europe | Lulworth Cove | Stair Hole | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Lulworth Cove, Dorset, 1812-1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.