Lulworth Cove, Dorset
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, open etching, first state (touched) on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 8 9/16 × 11 5/8 inches (21.7 × 29.5 cm) and Image: 5 11/16 × 8 5/8 inches (14.4 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "92. Etching I"; upper right: "(10 42"; lower left: "Unique | 92. Etching. I. touched with pencil over [left] boats [on] face of rock | and over shaded portions below"; lower center: "pencil lines"; lower right: "Etching No.2"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "A.W. | Es[q] H.P. Mellon Coll. | Putier 29.4.21 | Lot 10"; lower right: "T3803"
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A. Delt., 1811 | Lulworth Cove, Dorset"; lettered, lower right: "etched by W.B. Cooke, 1812"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cove | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | English Channel | Europe | Lulworth Cove | Stair Hole | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Lulworth Cove, Dorset, 1811-1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.