Lulworth Cove, Dorset
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Cooke's Picturesque Views of the Southern Coast of England
- Line engraving, open etching, first state (touched) on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 9/16 × 11 5/8 inches (21.7 × 29.5 cm), Image: 5 11/16 × 8 5/8 inches (14.4 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "92. Etching I"; upper right: "(10 42"; lower left: "Unique | 92. Etching. I. touched with pencil over [left] boats [on] face of rock | and over shaded portions below"; lower center: "pencil lines"; lower right: "Etching No.2"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "A.W. | Es[q] H.P. Mellon Coll. | Putier 29.4.21 | Lot 10"; lower right: "T3803"
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A. Delt., 1811 | Lulworth Cove, Dorset"; lettered, lower right: "etched by W.B. Cooke, 1812"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cove | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | English Channel | Europe | Lulworth Cove | Stair Hole | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Lulworth Cove, Dorset, 1811-1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.