IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Lulworth Cove, Dorset, 1811-1812
Lulworth Cove, Dorset
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Cooke's Picturesque Views of the Southern Coast of England
- Line engraving and etching, engraver's proof on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper, with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 11 3/4 × 17 1/8 inches (29.8 × 43.5 cm), Plate: 8 7/8 × 11 3/4 inches (22.5 × 29.8 cm), Chine collé: 8 1/8 × 10 7/8 inches (20.6 × 27.6 cm), Image: 5 11/16 × 8 5/8 inches (14.4 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "92.E.P. 4(a)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.92"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "(14"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "No.4 | & up. | before white sail at [escheure z.h.]"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "15/ A.Wallis"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Engravers Proof | unfinished"
Lettered, lower left: J.M.W. Turner R.A., delt. 1811. | Lulworth Cove, dorset"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.B. Cooke, 1812."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cove | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | English Channel | Europe | Lulworth Cove | Stair Hole | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.