Lulworth Cove, Dorset
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, engraver's proof on thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed within plate): 6 3/4 × 9 3/4 inches (17.1 × 24.8 cm) and Image: 5 11/16 × 8 5/8 inches (14.4 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Before three white sales"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "After the water at entrance A cove | [...] and the [streams] of light at ..L. cover | altered"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "[...] no.5 | E.P.5(a)"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: (15)"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "A.Wallis"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center:" Lulworth Cover, Dorset"
Lettered, lower left: "J.M.W.Turner, R.A., delt. 1811 | Lulworth Cove, Dorset"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.B.Cooke, 1812"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cove | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | English Channel | Europe | Lulworth Cove | Stair Hole | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Lulworth Cove, Dorset, 1814-1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.