- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving, first published state on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- 11 3/4 × 17 1/4 inches (29.8 × 43.8 cm), 8 15/16 × 11 7/8 inches (22.7 × 30.2 cm), and 5 7/8 × 8 3/4 inches (14.9 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.94"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "J,M,W, Turner, RA, delt. | Lyme Regis"; lettered, lower right: "W,B, Cooke, 1814"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | English Channel | Europe | Lyme Bay | Lyme Regis | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Lyme Regis, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.