IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Slight graphite sketch of ruins of Hieron of Temples at Shietla, undated
Slight graphite sketch of ruins of Hieron of Temples at Shietla
- Graphite, pen and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/2 × 15 1/2 inches (54.6 × 39.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Hieron of Temples | Sbeitla R.L.P."; in graphite, throughout, drawing labeled; in pen and red ink, upper right: "99"; in pen and red ink, lower right: "C"; inscribed on verson in graphite, lower right: "No 3"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.