IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Pl. VIII Temple of Jupiter at Tebessa, undated
Pl. VIII Temple of Jupiter at Tebessa
- Graphite, pen and black ink, red pencil, gray wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/4 × 21 1/2 inches (36.2 × 54.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Pl viii Temple Jupiter Tebessa"; in pen and red ink, upper left: "81"; in graphite, upper left: "Copper"; in graphite, upper center: "Tepasa Temple"; in pen and red ink, lower right: "B"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Tepasa Templa"; in graphite, upper center: "No 16"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.