Pl. IX Arch of Caracalla at Tebessa
- Graphite, gray wash, pen and black, brown ink, red pencil on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/4 × 21 3/8 inches (36.2 × 54.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Pl.ixx Arch of Caracalla | Tebessa"; in graphite, upper right, drawing labeled; in pen and red ink, upper left: "82"; in graphite, upper left: "Copper"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper left: "(Triumphal Arch 4 Faces)"; in graphite, upper left: "No 17"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Pl. IX Arch of Caracalla at Tebessa, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.