Pl. IX Arch of Caracalla at Tebessa
- Graphite, gray wash, pen and black, brown ink, red pencil on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/4 × 21 3/8 inches (36.2 × 54.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Pl.ixx Arch of Caracalla | Tebessa"; in graphite, upper right, drawing labeled; in pen and red ink, upper left: "82"; in graphite, upper left: "Copper"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper left: "(Triumphal Arch 4 Faces)"; in graphite, upper left: "No 17"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Pl. IX Arch of Caracalla at Tebessa, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.