- Back view of the same circular temple in its present state
- Graphite, pen and black and brown ink, gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured,cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/4 × 11 1/8 inches (36.2 × 28.3 cm) and Sheet: 15 7/8 × 22 7/8 inches (40.3 × 58.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, throughout, elevation lettered "A" to "G"; in pen and brown ink, upper right: "Back view of the same in its present | State | A part of the arched Soffit | B Entablature | C Ornaments of [...] holding Festoons | of Flowers & Fin[...] between the Capitals | of the Pilasters | D Niche in which remains the Pedestal | for a statue | E Fascia, which is continued round the | Temple between the Pilasters | F Wall of the Cell | G Stylobat"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Bruce, 1730–1794, British, Back view of the same circular temple in its present state, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.