- Part Of:
- Engraving and etching , first published state on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/8 inches (26 × 35.9 cm), Plate: 9 × 12 inches (22.9 × 30.5 cm), Image: 6 1/4 × 9 7/16 inches (15.9 × 24 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.98."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "1-1-0"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, Esq. R.A. | Falmouth Cornwall"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.B. Cooke. 1816"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | castle | inlet | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Carrick Roads | Cornwall | England | Europe | Falmouth | Falmouth Bay | Pendennis Castle | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Falmouth, Cornwall, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.