- Part Of:
- Etching and engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 7/16 × 17 1/16 inches (29.1 × 43.3 cm), Plate: 8 15/16 × 12 inches (22.7 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 6 3/16 × 9 7/16 inches (15.7 × 24 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.98"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "(24"; inscribed, lower left: "98 Etching"' inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "AW | Sir Chas. Robinson | Sothebys | 27.3.14"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, Esq. R.A. | Falmouth Cornwall"; lettered, lower right: "Etched by W.B.Cooke 1815."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | castle | inlet | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Carrick Roads | Cornwall | England | Europe | Falmouth | Falmouth Bay | Pendennis Castle | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Falmouth, Cornwall, 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.