- Plymouth Dock, from Mount Edgecumbe
- Etching and engraving, first published state on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 × 17 1/4 inches (27.9 × 43.8 cm), Plate: 9 × 12 inches (22.9 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 6 3/8 × 9 5/8 inches (16.2 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.99";
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R." Watermark
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner, R.A. | Plymouth Dock from Mount Edgecumbe"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.B.Cooke. 1816"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Plymouth Dock, from Mount Edgecumbe, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.