- Plymouth Dock from Mount Edgecumbe
- Etching and engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 14 3/16 × 15 15/16 inches (36 × 40.5 cm), Plate: 8 15/16 × 11 15/16 inches (22.7 × 30.3 cm), and Image: 6 1/4 × 9 5/8 inches (15.9 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.99."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.99 The Etching"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "A.W."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A. | Plymouth Dock from Mount Edgecumbe"; lettered, lower right: "Etched by W.B. Cooke. 1816."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Plymouth Dock from Mount Edgecumbe, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.