Plymouth Dock, from Mount Edgecumbe
- Additional Title(s):
Devonport, from Mount Edgecumbe
- Part Of:
- Engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 5/16 × 16 13/16 inches (28.7 × 42.7 cm), Plate: 7 3/4 × 10 1/4 inches (19.7 × 26 cm), Chine collé: 7 5/8 × 10 1/4 inches (19.4 × 26 cm), and Image: 6 1/8 × 9 1/16 inches (15.6 × 23 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.99.a."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Drawn by J M W Turner R.A. | (unpublished plate"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "A Copy of my Plate by W. Miller of Edinburgh"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "a/a"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Ins the finest state unpublished Plate "
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "Plymouth Dock, from Mount Edgecume"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by William Miller. 1820"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- estate | landscape (representation) | park | river
- Associated Places:
- Cornwall | Devon | England | Europe | Mount Edgcumbe Country Park Estate | Plymouth Sound | Tamar | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Plymouth Dock, from Mount Edgecumbe, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.