Plymouth, from Mount Batten
- Part Of:
- Engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 13 3/4 × 20 inches (34.9 × 50.8 cm), Plate: 9 1/16 × 12 inches (23 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 6 7/16 × 9 1/2 inches (16.4 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.100."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "15/-"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A. | Plymouth from Mount Batten"; lettered, lower right: "by W.B. Cooke 1817."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- churches | citadel | cityscape | marine art | martello tower | sound
- Associated Places:
- Charles Church | Devon | England | Europe | Minster Church of St. Andrew | Mount Batten Tower | Plymouth | Plymouth Sound | The Royal Citadel | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Plymouth, from Mount Batten, 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.