- Pendennis Castle and Entrance of Falmouth Harbour
- Etching and engraving, Engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textued, cram wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 9 × 11 3/4 inches (22.9 × 29.8 cm) and Image: 6 1/4 × 9 7/16 inches (15.9 × 24 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.101 E.P. 6(a). | (Same as Tar. 140.Etched)"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "The Sky darkened - The Pole at the edge of the reef dark"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "& only [...] [....] | [my] glass."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "sky differs | [...]"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R".
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner, R.A. | Pendennis Castle and entrance of Falmouth Harbour"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by George Cooke"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Pendennis Castle and Entrance of Falmouth Harbour, 1814-1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.