Ilfracombe, North Devon
- Part Of:
- Etching and engraving, first published state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- 11 1/16 × 15 1/8 inches (28.1 × 38.4 cm), 9 1/16 × 12 inches (23 × 30.5 cm), 8 7/8 × 11 13/16 inches (22.5 × 30 cm), and 6 1/4 × 9 1/2 inches (15.9 × 24.1 cm)
Engraved by W.B. Cooke.1818 (bottom right, below image, within plate-mark); Drawn by J.M.W. Turner. R.A. (bottomr left, below image, within plate-mark); Title: Ilfracombe North Devon. (bottom left, below image within plate-mark)
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A. | Ilfracombe North Devon."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.B. Cooke. 1818."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- channel (water body component) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Bristol Channel | Devon | England | Europe | Ilfracombe | St. Nicholas's Chapel | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Ilfracombe, North Devon, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.