- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and engraving, 1st published state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 13 7/16 × 20 9/16 inches (34.1 × 52.2 cm), Plate: 8 7/8 × 12 inches (22.5 × 30.5 cm), Chine collé: 8 7/8 × 11 7/8 inches (22.5 × 30.2 cm), Image: 6 1/8 × 9 7/16 inches (15.6 × 24 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.107."
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "WATCHET. | Somersetshire"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by George Cooke"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Bridgwater Bay | Bristol Channel | England | Europe | Somerset | United Kingdom | Watchet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Watchet, Somersetshire, 1814-1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.