- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 × 17 1/2 inches (29.2 × 44.5 cm), Plate: 9 × 11 15/16 inches (22.9 × 30.3 cm), and Image: 6 3/16 × 9 3/8 inches (15.7 × 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.107."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.107. Etching, Watchet"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "34 80"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Esc H.P. Mellon Coll. l Pultier | 29.4.21"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: A.W."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "T3803"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Etched by George Cooke"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Bridgwater Bay | Bristol Channel | England | Europe | Somerset | United Kingdom | Watchet
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Watchet, Somersetshire, 1814-1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.